Good work starts with good people. We’re looking for passionate, talented people to join our team.
We thrive on collaboration
It takes a diverse team of talented individuals to do extraordinary work. The Holdsworth Center is comprised of professionals with deep expertise in educational leadership, organizational talent management, adult learning and school district administration. We're looking for experienced and versatile professionals who enjoy working within multidisciplinary teams and thrive on pushing ideas further through feedback, collaboration and iteration.
All employment decisions are based on job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Location: Austin, TX
The Holdsworth Center is a non-profit organization founded and largely funded by Charles Butt, Chairman and CEO of H-E-B—a retail company based in Texas and Mexico. Based in Austin, Texas, the academic campus and its programs are being developed in honor of Charles’ mother, Mary Elizabeth Holdsworth Butt, who was an educator, a philanthropist, and a lifelong champion for social justice.
The mission of the The Holdsworth Center is to strengthen public schools and improve student outcomes through strengthening educational leadership across the state of Texas. Holdsworth works in partnership with public school districts over a sustained period to help tackle their toughest challenges around leadership development, pipeline planning, and strategic talent management. The Center offers three distinct programs carefully woven together in order to create and support systemic change over a five-year period:
- A transformational leadership development program, complete with executive coaching for Superintendents and their key cabinet members
- A similar program for principals and their teams with a focus on a specific problem of practice at the campus level
- Ongoing, embedded District support that includes rigorous assessment, data gathering and analysis, and implementation support
The Holdsworth team is comprised of top professionals from around the country with deep expertise in educational leadership, organizational talent management, adult learning, and school district administration.
In the fall of 2020, The Holdsworth Center will be moving to a newly build 44-acre, 18 building campus on Lake Austin.
About the position:
The Holdsworth Center is looking for a full-time onsite IT Support Specialist. This position will migrate desktop support from the managed service provider (MSP) to in-house and provide desktop technical support to end users on the campus and those working remotely.
In addition, the position will continue to work with our MSP to implement solutions and resolve problems as needed. This is a highly visible position that requires professionalism and personal confidence.
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Support Windows 10 desktops and some MacBook’s.
- Install, configure and optimize Windows 10, virus scan software, Office 365, OneDrive, Outlook, web browsers, printer drivers and other desktop software as needed.
- Upgrade memory, hard drives, bios and firmware.
- OS and third-party patch management.
- Use ticketing, asset tracking and remote management & monitoring (RMM) tools.
- Provide in-person, email, phone and remote end-user desktop support.
- Work with and escalate support tickets to managed service provider as needed.
- Use command line in Windows and Mac when needed.
- Assist users with conference room technologies such as cameras, display screens, projectors conference phones, Screen Cast, Chrome Cast and Air Play as needed.
- Create user, system and change management documentation.
Required skills and qualifications:
- Minimum of 3 years hands-on experience supporting Windows desktops in person and remote with some Mac support experience.
- Diagnose and fix hardware and software issues.
- Experience with hardware upgrades.
- Experience with Mac operating system on MacBooks and iPads.
- Experience with basic networking concepts for networked desktops.
- Ability to use the command line.
- Experience with RMM tools such as Solarwinds, Ninja, Atera or similar tools.
- Ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical users.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to independently take on projects, research problems and present solutions.
- Ability to work occasional after-hours in support of campus events.
- Ability to lift and move computer equipment as needed.
- Ability to do daily campus-walk-throughs to monitor IT equipment.
Desired skills (not required):
- Degree or technical certifications desirable but not required.
- Virtual Machine Desktops (VMWare, Parallels, Vbox).
- Experience with managing or configuration of share file technologies such as SharePoint, Citrix Sharefile, DropBox, Google Drive (GSuite).
- Desktop NIST standards and implementation strategies.
- Windows Group Policy.
Applicants can submit a current resume and a cover letter detailing their interest in this position and how their experience will contribute to the IT needs of The Holdsworth Center by clicking here: IT Support Specialist Application.
Applications submitted without a cover letter will not be reviewed. The deadline to apply is November 25, 2019.
The Holdsworth Center is committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. All employment decisions are based on job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.Apply now