The Holdsworth Hub
Frequently Asked Questions
Holdsworth leaders can login using your phone, laptop, or tablet. Select your cohort above and log in using your existing Holdsworth ID and password. If you are working on a secure, private device (i.e., not a public computer), you can agree to “Stay Signed In” so you do not need to enter your password each time you return.
Districts using Microsoft technology may receive an error message when attempting to log in. There are three options to resolve this:
- Use a different browser than your typical work-related browser to access the Hub. For example, if you usually access Outlook or SharePoint using Mozilla Firefox, access the Hub using Chrome instead. This option will allow you to simultaneously maintain access to your work and Holdsworth accounts.
- Use Chrome’s Incognito mode in a new window to access the Hub. This option will allow you to simultaneously maintain access to your work and Holdsworth accounts.
- If you receive the error message “that didn’t work”, please look for a hyperlink on the page that reads “click here to sign in with a different account to this site” and click it. You will then be prompted to use a different account. Please select that and enter your Holdsworth username and password.
If you have misplaced your password, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance.
Descriptions of all of the areas of the classroom you can access from your top menu bar:
- Home — News & Events (including sessions to RSVP to)
- CLP Materials — All materials, presentations, and information distributed by the Holdsworth Center and faculty
- Participant Library — Upload materials to share with other participants
- My Assignments — All assignments distributed by the Holdsworth Center and faculty
- Submit Assignments — Upload your completed assignments
- Discussion Board — Public discussion board for all participants
- Superintendents Board — Discussion board for Superintendents only
- District Champions Board — Discussion board for District Champions only
- Campus Champions Board — Discussion board for Campus Champions only
- Principals Board — Discussion board for Principals only
- Principal Supervisor Board — Discussion board for Principal Supervisors only
- My Profile — RSVP to events and edit your profile information
Click on “Home” in the navigation menu. The “News” section of your cohort's “Home” page contains all the latest news and announcements from the Holdsworth Center and faculty. Clicking on a news item will reveal the full text and video. Use the back button to return home.
Click on “DLP Materials” or “CLP Materials” in the navigation menu. Materials are organized by session. All materials provided by presenters during sessions will be uploaded to the DLP Materials or CLP Materials library following the session. You can print and/or download materials from here. All CPE certificates will be issued by Holdsworth following sessions and uploaded to the DLP Materials or CLP Materials library for printing and/or download.
Click on “Participant Library” in the navigation menu. Click “Upload” and choose “File” or Folder”. Select the file or folder you want to upload and click submit. Please rename the file or folder you have uploaded by right clicking on the file or folder and selecting “Rename”. When renaming files, please use the naming convention: [District] [Campus] [Name of document]. All participants can view and edit files in the Participant Library. If your uploaded file is not meant to be edited or changed, please upload it in PDF.
All of your homework assignments are in “My Assignments”. Click on “My Assignments” in the navigation menu. Click on the assignment and read the instructions. You can see below that each assignment has a Title and a Due Date. It also tells you whether you are required to submit the assignment under “Requires Submission”. Some assignments may require you to download a Word, PowerPoint, or Excel document in order to complete and submit the assignment.
First, click on the link to see the attachment. That will open a new window in your browser that lets you read the document. You still need to download the document in order to complete the assignment. Click the three dots in the upper right to show the menu and select Download. That will then download a copy of the attachment to your hard drive, and you can work on the assignment and make edits to it.
If your assignment requires you to submit a piece of work, go to “Submit Assignments”. Click on the folder with your name on it. Click the “Upload” button and choose Files or Folder. Once uploaded, on the right-hand side of the screen, you will scroll down and see “Select an option” in red text underneath “Assignment”. Click on “Select an option” to select the name of the assignment you are submitting in the drop-down menu. Once you have selected the name of your assignment, you will see it appear underneath “Assignment”. You can also see the details of the original assignment by clicking on “Click for details of Assignment” – this can help you check that you have submitted your work against the correct assignment. You will receive reminder emails from the system if you have not uploaded an assignment and associated it with the correct assignment.
The “Discussion Board” is open to all participants. This is a great place to ask questions of others or to discuss and share ideas around certain topics. The Holdsworth Center may also use it to stimulate discourse around certain pre-reads and other current issues.
Click on “Discussion Board” to start. To start a thread, click “New discussion”, then enter the subject and any text for the body. If you are creating a thread in order to ask the other members of the discussion board a question, please tick the “Mark this as a question” box when you start the thread. This allows it to be tracked as a question, and people can see when there are unanswered questions on the board.
The Principal Discussion Board, Campus Champion Discussion Board, and Principal Supervisor Discussion Board work the same way as the main Discussion Board, but:
- Principal Discussion Board is principals only;
- Campus Champion Discussion Board is Campus Champions only; and
- Principal Supervisor Discussion Board is Principal Supervisors only.
Click on “Home” in the navigation menu and scroll down to find upcoming events. Click on the event you would like to RSVP to; located the RSVP hyperlink in the event details and click it. This action will take you back to the part of the Hub where you control your RSVPs and your profile information. Currently, an additional sign in is required for this step, but we will be removing this requirement in 2019. Click on “RSVP here” for the event for which you would like to RSVP. Fill out “My RSVP” by selecting your answer from the drop-down. Then complete the “Book My Hotel?” section by selecting your answer from the drop-down.
When you click on “Yes – Book All Nights”, you will be booked for all hotel nights and will not be able to make selections for individual room nights. If you click on “Yes – Specific Nights Selected Below”, you will select the individual nights that are displayed as radio buttons.
You can add events to your calendar, but please remember that they are not automatically synced with any changes to the event. In other words, once you add the event, if there are changes that occur later, you will need to update the event in your calendar.
Click on “Home” and scroll down to find upcoming events. Select the event you would like to add to your calendar and click on “Add to calendar”. This will automatically download an .ics file that you can open and save to, or drag into, your calendar.
Click on “My Profile” in the navigation menu. This will take you back to the part of the Hub where you control your RSVPs and your profile information. Currently, an additional sign in is required for this step, but we will be removing this requirement in 2019. Make any changes and hit “Save” in the bottom left corner of the page.
Weekly digest email: Once a week, the Hub will send a digest email that contains the latest news and announcements, the most active discussions in the discussion boards, and any assignments that are due for you in the next 14 days.
Assignment due reminder emails: If you have any assignments due in the next 3 days that are not complete, you will receive an automatic notification email from the Hub. If your assignment is overdue, you will also receive an automatic notification email from the Hub every day for 14 days until the assignment is completed.
Personal alerts can be created for a document, repository, discussion etc. To Manage your alerts, click on “Manage My Alerts”. All existing alerts will be listed here. Click on the alert name to make modifications or delete the alert.
Example: To create a personal alert on the Participant Library, go to Participant Library and click on the ellipse icon. Click on "Alert Me", set your alert settings and click ‘Ok’.
Example: To set alert on a document, go to document, open the ellipse icon and click “Alert Me”.
Currently your Hub emails forward to the work email address you gave us when you enrolled. If you would like to change this to a different email address or add another forwarding address follow these steps:
- Go to your Mailbox.
- Open waffle launcher on top bar.
- Select Outlook which will take you to your inbox.
- Click the gear icon on the top bar and click on "Mail Link".
- Under Mailbox settings go to Inbox and Sweep Rules. This will highlight your current email forwarding rule.
- To update existing rule, click edit icon and then click on the forwarding email address.
- Remove the existing forwarding email address by clicking on the ‘x’ icon.
- Enter your new address for forwarding emails and click ‘Save’.
- To save your new changes click ‘Ok’. This process will update your forwarding email address.
Click on the "Directory" link in the navigation menu. The Directory will list all Information for cohort participants and staff. There is a “filter” icon in the upper right hand of the page that will allow you to sort and filter results by field. Click on the person’s “Full Name” to view more details.
If you have misplaced your username and/or password, please email email@example.com to request assistance.