Good work starts with good people. We’re looking for passionate, talented people to join our team.
We thrive on collaboration
It takes a diverse team of talented individuals to do extraordinary work. The Holdsworth Center is comprised of professionals with deep expertise in educational leadership, organizational talent management, adult learning and school district administration. We're looking for experienced and versatile professionals who enjoy working within multidisciplinary teams and thrive on pushing ideas further through feedback, collaboration and iteration.
All employment decisions are based on job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
About the organization
Charles Butt, Chairman of H-E-B, founded The Holdsworth Center in 2017. He named the nonprofit organization for his mother, a former schoolteacher and lifelong advocate for social justice.
Inspired by his mother, Charles has directed much of his personal and corporate giving toward education, developing initiatives such as the annual H-E-B Excellence in Education Awards, the H-E-B Read 3 early literacy program and Raise Your Hand Texas, an advocacy organization focused on public policies that support and improve our public schools. The Holdsworth Center builds on those efforts by strengthening the leaders who serve educators and students.
Partnering with Texas public school districts over a five-year period, The Holdsworth Center helps each district within the cohort to grow outstanding leaders at all levels, enabling staff to thrive and students to excel in every classroom. The Holdsworth Center believes leadership is not just about titles; deep investments are made in the growth of leaders at both the district and campus levels, including teachers who empower students to succeed in the classroom and influence and lead their colleagues. This year, the organization will add two new programs: a mentoring program for superintendents who are either new to the role new to a large, urban school distract and a program for teams of three central office leaders that focuses on building a bench of strong district-wide leaders.
The Holdsworth Center is excited for the future and with this excitement comes the need for adaptive, communicative, and collaborative IT leadership. As a result of the organization’s success and continuous growth, The Holdsworth Center is eager to welcome their first Director of IT.
The incoming Director of IT must possess a deep commitment to the support of Holdsworth’s mission. In addition to robust technical expertise, this leadership role requires the ability to translate technical vision, collaborate cross-functionally, and effectively execute progressive projects; deepening the organization’s capacity to enhance impact in school districts across the state of Texas.
Reporting to the Vice President, the Director of IT is responsible for the management, strategy, development, as well as operations of IT applications and infrastructure for The Holdsworth Center with focus on accelerated innovation in the education industry. In addition to being a collaborative leader, the incoming Director of IT champions high-level strategic planning around information and technology for the organization, including technology applications, network infrastructure and cybersecurity, and provides hands on project management, guidance, and support to staff at all levels.
- Refine and enhance existing IT strategy and lead efforts for rollout and adoption
- Create, implement, evaluate, and improve IT related policies and procedures.
- Define and maintain departmental budget, optimizing cost-effective operations.
- Work closely with the leadership team to offer strategic ideas and solutions which are aligned to the mission and vision of The Holdsworth Center.
- Develop and establish IT policies and systems to support the implementation of strategies determined by executive leadership. Evaluate and identify the need for upgrades, configurations, and new systems; proactively provide executive leadership with recommendations based upon findings.
- Provide creative recommendations and cost analysis related to enhancements, integrations, and implementation of various technology platforms.
- Lead efforts to track organization’s evolving IT needs and to create, maintain, and implement various business systems and technology roadmaps in support of the IT strategy
- Coordinate and direct project management of IT-related system implementations.
- Develop and implement business continuity protocols/strategic change management policies to minimize operations disruptions in the event of an emergency or data loss.
- Build relationships and collaborate with programs, operations, and cross-functional teams to define areas of improvement and deliver resolutions which streamline information and processes.
- Actively seek out emerging technologies; explore new trends to identify opportunities for organizational value-add.
- Develop and oversee a highly effective team through coaching/mentorship; offer guidance and expertise in complex situations to overcome/bypass technical challenges.
- Source and manage vendors; coordinate tasks and events to meet established deadlines.
- Champion IT infrastructure to ensure infrastructure is modern, robust, and scalable.
- Build relationships and collaborate on IT matters with key members of the campus operating team including but not limited to the General Manager, Director of Security and A/V Director.
- Coordinate with campus A/V Director to develop and maintain user-centered technical documentation for meeting and learning spaces at the campus
- 5-7+ years of progressive experience with an emphasis on technology and IT operations oversight (multi-site experience is a plus; experience within the education or nonprofit sector is ideal).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Computer Science, Information Systems Management, IT Transportation Management, or equivalent work experience.
- Expert knowledge of data management and enterprise systems (CRM, LMS, etc.).
- Stellar communication and collaboration skills; ability to think through long term strategy, iterate, and build.
- Proven strength in cultivating strong relationships (developing trust as the foundation) and providing exceptional customer service; ability to effectively engage all levels of the organization (executive leadership, functional teams, district-level partners, etc.).
- Experience with data warehousing and harnessing metrics to analyze and predict data (forecasting, historical trending, etc.).
- Strong EQ, collaborative spirit, and growth mindset and passion for continuous learning
Compensation and benefits
In addition to a strong base salary (DOE), this exceptional role also provides a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), 401(k), group life insurance, paid parental leave, three weeks of PTO, and 7 paid annual company holidays as well as the week of December 24th – January 1st off each year.
Applications and nominations
The Holdsworth Center has retained the services of Scion Executive Search, a national executive search firm specializing in mission-driven organization recruitment, to assist in conducting this important search. For immediate consideration please apply with your resume and cover letter, formatted in Microsoft Word.
Please address applications to:
Elissa Dumiak, Senior Executive Search Principal
Scion Executive Search
The Holdsworth Center is committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. All employment decisions are based on job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.Apply now